Wednesday, April 9, 2008

First Entry! Babydoll shirts/dresses: Slimming or Preggy looking?

I have heard this conversation over and over again " Babydoll shirts make me look pregnant"

Answer: You probably are wearing the wrong fabric or size. I truly believe 80% of all women will look cute, and instantly slimmer with the right babydoll top.

First Quiz: Which one of these babydoll tops would match someone who is a plus size:
A: Material-Rayon viscose/spandex


B: Cotton blend


Was it obvious? B!
What's wrong with A you ask?
1. First of all I don't think spandex ever looked good on plus size women because it clings on to every party of your body, and every ounce of fat that you have is basically contoured by this fabric,
2. Second of all, do you see the elastic band on the sleeves of the arm? avoid that at all costs, it makes your arm look wider!
3. Applies to the bigger chested women out there, do you see how little room there is for your chest? They will pop out!!! and that's not really the kind of look we were trying to achieve here =)

Now lets look at B, It's perfection!
1. Its cotton blend, the more cotton the better because cotton fits just right at your widest area, and then it just goes straight down from there, with a little bit of a flare to give the illusion of a narrow waist, gosh I just love it!!
2.
The sleeves flow outward, not inward! it hides the biggest part of your arm, which is like the first 7 inches or so, so all that everyone sees is the slimmer part, giving the illusion that it's skinny under the sleeve, hmm I hope that made sense!

3.
Their is ample chest area, for big and small chested ladies, it will look fabulous, and if you are feeling a little frisky, you can unbutton a couple to show it off =)

4.
Also, you don't have to look for a babydoll that has a collar but I thought I should mention in this top, the collar elongates and slims the neck
.

I hope this gives you a bit of an insight on what to look for! Stay tune for more info!


*I am not affiliated with any clothing website but I will post the info about the clothing being featured for reference:
Both tops are from bloomingdales.com A. Design History Misses $79 B. BCBG Max Azria $188

Check back soon for the next topic: How to look instantly taller and slimmer!


No comments: